We took a few frames of honey off the school beehives and scored them to let the honey drain out. However, I couldn't quite get all of it, so rather than wasting the little that was left, I thought I'd put a the remains out in the garden to help the wild bees. I did not expect to find so many when I got home though - a complete mix of honeybees and bumblebees all over the place!
Last year, we sowed a wildflower meadow at school, somewhere between the allotment and the beehives. We were given quite a large patch of land but did not quite have enough seeds to sow. Luckily, I managed to get hold of a community pack of wildflower seeds from 'Grow Wild'. A box arrived full of packs of wildflower seeds and bug hotels to build. I took STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) Club outside to sow the bare patches. They seemed to have a lovely time (apart from the hay-fever sufferers) and are excited about the idea of making the insect hotels next week. I took a few photos of the wildflowers that are in full bloom already, parts of it are looking quite stunning now.